The Target Accelerators team is coming back for its 7th year in a row to provide entrepreneurs with expertly curated education, personalized resources and connection to industry-leading retail leaders, mentors, and partners through its two accelerator programs, each with two cohorts for 2023. Interested founders and startups can apply to all 2023 programs for a limited time on Jan. 9 through Feb. 3 on TargetAccelerators.com. Read below to learn more about each program and what you need to succeed in filling out our application.
- The Target Forward Founders is perfect for early-stage consumer product good companies looking to learn and understand the next steps towards retail readiness.
- The Target Takeoff perfect for mature consumer packaged goods companies ready to scale into mass retail.
In order to be considered for one of the Target Accelerator programs, your company must meet the following criteria:
- One founder must be 18+
- Must have an LLC, B-Corp, S-Corp or other US registered entity (Sole proprietorships are not allowed)
- Must currently be selling a physical product
- Cannot be a current or prior vendor with Target
Note: Meeting all criteria does not result in automatic acceptance into a Target Accelerator programs.
Each program focuses on different categories depending on the cohort you are aiming to apply for:
- The Target Forward Founders program is open to all product categories available at Target except apparel and accessories, jewelry, DVDs, CDs, car seats, shoes, strollers, books, movies, music, video games, bath, bedding, furniture, heating, cooling, air quality, home appliances, kitchen and dining.
- The Target Takeoff program is open to the following categories for 2023: food & beverage, baby, pet, household essentials, and health.
get the best tips to apply
Our team has put together some useful resources to help you send your best application. We invite you to use these resources
- Choosing the Right Program for You
- Your Guide to Apply
- Telling Your Story In Essay Questions
- Retail Key Terms
hear from us directly
Want to learn more in depth about how the Target Accelerators programs can benefit you and your brand’s growth to scale into retail? Join our team on January 26th for our Apply, Scale and Succeed: Target Accelerators 2023 Applications Programs Ask Me Anything Webinar for an opportunity to get answers to your questions and hear application advice straight from the Target Accelerators team.
When is the team accepting application?
The Target Accelerators team will accept applications for Target Accelerators programs in 2023 from Jan. 9 until midnight CT February 3.
When are programs running?
We will have spring and fall cohorts for each program:
Target Forward Founders Cohort 4: April 25-June 29
Target Takeoff F&B: May 1-June 9
Target Forward Founders Cohort 5: Oct. 3-Dec. 15
Target Takeoff Essentials: Oct. 16-Dec. 1
How long is each program?
The Target Forward Founders program will run for 10 weeks and the Target Takeoff program for 6 weeks. Both programs are virtual.
Is apparel and accessories brands going to be considered?
At this time, apparel and accessories applications will be accepted and reviewed with the opportunity to be considered, however may not be selected.
How much does it cost?
What days are programs running?
Target Forward Founders sessions will take place Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 5PM through 8PM CT. On Thursdays, there will be office hours with subject matter experts and speakers at times between 9AM through 5PM CT.
Target Takeoff sessions can be expected to run Mondays thru Thursdays from 10AM – 1PM CT.
What if I can’t attend a session?
Sessions are mandatory by either yourself or a co-founder/employee. If you will be going through the program on your own please communicate any absences with the Sr. Program Manager. Nevertheless, each session is recorded for you to review later on!
Our team is so excited to review your application, apply today!